Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Classic Yellow and Grey

Earlier this year, Nicole contacted the Preppy Paperie to create custom Save the Dates and Wedding Invitations. She sent me a few very diverse inspiration images to get the designs started. All of her inspiration images had strong typography (which I love!) and geometric design patterns. After studying her inspirations, I started my custom design process. I usually do my custom work on Saturday mornings armed with a Skinny Vanilla Latte.  For some reason, this combination gets the creative juices going! I loved each piece I created for Nicole and Nick, but the ones she chose were my absolute favorite.

In designing the Save the Dates, I wanted to incorporate the scenery for the nuptials-the city of Boston. I created a Save the Date with a clean typography focus and the Boston Skyline. 

For the invitations I wanted to bring together a few diverse clean patterns. I started with a basic thick stripe for the invitation. I used a very basic sans-serif font with a justified look. I wanted the invitation to look as clean and simple as possible. 



Nicole also wanted a custom map displaying the city and the location of the events. I went with a very thin stripe in the same pattern as the invitation. 



The map marker design tied back to the main invitation- a very small detail that most may not have picked up on.


Nicole really loved chevron stripe. So I wanted to incorporate a contrasting design in the RSVP postcard. She also loved entree symbols for the responses. So I added a carrot (for vegetarian), fish, and a cow. This has definitely been a growing trend in RSVP response options!


When layered, this invitation set had such texture and depth. I absolutely loved it!


Nicole also had me design some reception details that carried the invitation theme through. I designed table cards, place cards, and programs that maintained the "pattern" theme we created in the invitations. 












Nicole's photographer grabbed some great shots of my stationery in action. I always recommend my brides give their invitation to their photographer to snap some shots at the wedding. It makes a great introduction to wedding albums and scrapbooks! Thanks to Casey Durgin Photography for the images (www.caseydurginphotography.com) 
(c) Casey Durgin Photography
(c) Casey Durgin Photography
(c) Casey Durgin Photography
(c) Casey Durgin Photography

(c) Casey Durgin Photography


To purchase Nicole's wedding suite, follow this link to our Etsy store!

No comments:

Post a Comment