Monday, October 15, 2012

Ahoy! It's a boy!

I love creating wedding and party stationery for others. When it comes down to create stationery for an event I am hosting, I go a bit overboard. I usually use these opportunities to create something I haven't done yet. When my good friend from high school announced she was pregnant, I knew her baby shower was going to be paper-tastic. A native of the Annapolis area, it was only fitting to have a sailing themed baby boy shower. 

I wanted a centralized motif to carry through all the stationery.  I did a simple pattern inside the sailboat mast to give it that extra pop. I tied up the invitations with bakers twine and a tag (not shown) listing her registry information. 


I loved the idea (props to the co-host for telling me about it!) of writing a note to baby with your hopes and aspirations for him. 



And of course, no shower is complete without gift bingo! The winner won a stack of preppy notecards (I told you I went a bit overboard on paper!) with the sailboat theme.


Here are some snapshots of the actual shower.








No comments:

Post a Comment