Thursday, September 15, 2011

JCrew Inspired Designs

One of my favorite parts of designing wedding stationery is when a bride comes to me with a design image and wants the idea carried through in their invitation.

Last May, Stephanie contacted me about creating a rehearsal dinner that mixed my "Lovie Lobster" invitation with the style of this JCrew ad:

I loved the antique look of this and the soft color scheme.  So I started with that.  Stephanie was thinking about incorporating a few nautical touches- crabs, anchor, lobsters, ect. One of the original designs was this one.  


So I went to work.  I think Stephanie and I hammered out about 15+ ideas and color schemes.  In the end, it came out very similar to the Lobster invitation.  I do love the typography we incorporated as well as the various shades of orange in the anchors. As I have found out, great designs often get reused and tweaked!
Custom Invitations with Matching Address Wrappers

Next up on the blog:  Save the Date Cartography

No comments:

Post a Comment